NFL Fantasy Live 10/28/14 with Matt Smith, Akbar Gbajabiamila, Michael Fabiano, Adam Rank, and Marcas Grant.
Here are the takeaways from Tuesday’s episode:
- Top waiver wire players to pick up Denard Robinson, Brandon LaFell, Jonas Gray, Jace Amaro, Martavis Bryant, Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson, and Josh Gordon.
- A.J. Green says he’ll play, but you should continue to play Mohamed Sanu.*
- Michael Vick has been named the starter for the Jets, Harvin and Ivory should benefit slightly.
- Brian Quick is out for the year, but don’t expect anyone to step up for the Rams.*
- DeAngelo Williams expected to start for the Panthers, but he shouldn’t start for your fantasy team.*
- Tony Romo was hurt Monday night, but did return to the game. Keep tabs on his status because he has a good matchup against the Cardinals.
- Alfred Morris scored on Monday, and should continue to be productive despite he slow start this season.
- DeSean Jackson is a candidate that you can trade away while his stock is high. Pierre Garçon has been negatively impacted by Jackson’s arrival in Washington.
- Week 8 Game Changers: Tom Brady, Mark Ingram, Arian Foster, Jeremy Maclin, and Miami Defense.
- Players with the most targets: J.Maclin (16), G.Tate (15), K.Allen (13), A.Brown (13), C.Patterson (12), D.Moncrief (12), T.Riddick (12), De.Thomas (12), A.Johnson (12), B.LaFell (11).
- Backfield Opportunities (Rush Attempts + Pass Targets): L.Bell (31), A.Ellington (29), M.Forte (27), M.Ingram (26), L.McCoy (26), A.Foster (26), R.Hillman (24), A.Dixon (22), J.Forsett (22), E.Lacy (22). Despite Anthony Dixon’s opportunities, you can expect Bryce Brown to get his turn as the primary ball-carrier in Buffalo.
- Fabiano’s Top 10 Waiver Wire Targets: Denard Robinson, Brandon LaFell, Odell Beckham, Robert Griffin, Jonothan Stewart, Jonas Gray, Allen Robinson, Jace Amaro, Charles Sims.
- Trade Talk (trades that are actually being offered): Russell Wilson and Demaryius Thomas for Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson for Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Mark Ingram for Julius Thomas and Ahmad Bradshaw, Tom Brady and Eddie Lacy for Arian Foster.
- Adam Rank’s Sleepers: Alex Smith, Andrew Hawkins, Doug Baldwin.
- Midseason Waiver Wire Pickup Award: Ahmad Bradshaw.
- Midseason Rookie Award: Kelvin Benjamin
- Deep Waiver Wire Targets: Lorenzo Taliaferro, Jermaine Kearse, Tim Wright, Charles Sims.
Broadway’s Breakdown: I put asterisks next to the points that I agree with strongly. I’m not going to pick up Denard Robinson in any of my 24 leagues. He’s a Jaguar. And no Jaguar is worth having on your bench, must less putting a Jaguar in your starting lineup. If he does it again this week (meaning, if Robinson puts up double digit points), I’ll think about picking him up. As for Mohamed Sanu, you obviously should continue to play him regardless of the status of A.J. Green, especially with all the wide receiver talent that is on a bye week. The Rams have indeed turned into a fantasy wasteland, although Austin Davis is start-able in the right circumstances. DeSean Jackson has had big games in 3 of the last 4 weeks. While Washington is coming off a huge win, it’s hard to imagine them having continued success as the Redskins haven’t scored more than 20 points since week 3. So this may indeed be the time to trade Jackson. And finally, Kelvin Benjamin. He’s the player I drafted 4th most often, selecting him on 9 of my 24 teams. When you use the fantasy football draft matrix and you watch EVERY SNAP OF EVERY PRESEASON GAME, you draft studs. Benjamin is also my choice for fantasy rookie of the midseason.
NFL Fantasy Live 10/29/14 with James Koh, Michael Fabiano, Molly Qerim, Marcus Grant, and Elliot Harrison.
- Romo did not practice Wednesday and is day-to-day. May have to sit Terrance Williams and Jason Witten if Brandon Weeden Plays.
- DeAngelo Williams was named starting RB vs the Saints, but you shouldn’t have confidence in his fantasy value.*
- Cam Newton has been a disappointment, and he has not played well against New Orleans. However, Carolina’s schedule is favorable going against defenses that allow a lot of points.
- Most Added Players: Brandon LaFell, Denard Robinson, Ronnie Hillman, Martavis Bryant, Mark Ingram, Mohamed Sanu, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, Odell Beckham, Heath Miller.
- Most Dropped Players: Brian Quick, Antone Smith, Tre Mason, Delanie Walker, Bryce Brown, Matt Asiata, Eddie Royal, C.J. Spiller, Doug Martin, Khiry Robinson.
- Time to say goodbye to Doug Martin.*
- Midseason Spot Start Award: Joe Flacco, week 6.
- Midseason Fantasy Bust Award: Zac Stacy.*
- Tight Ends worth picking up: Jace Amaro, Dwayne Allen.
- Denard Robinson is a better add than Lorenzo Taliaferro.
- Look for a big week from Travis Kelce.
- Who to drop: Doug Martin or Zac Stacy. Drop Doug Martin
- Cam Newton will continue to struggle this week.
- Jason Witten will be a disappointment this week.
- Start Malcom Floyd over Cordarrelle Paterson.*
- Brandon LaFell is a better start than Vincent Jackson.*
- Start ‘Em: Mark Ingram, Branden Oliver, Ahmad Bradshaw, Ronnie Hillman, Kelvin Benjamin, DeAndre Hopkins, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Tony Romo, Alex Smith
- Sit ‘Em: Chris Ivory, Darren McFadden, Jerick McKinnon, Zac Stacy, Julian Edelman, Percy Harvin, Vincent Jackson, Torrey Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Cam Newton.
- Week 9 Spot Starts: Alex Smith, Chiefs Defense, Andrew Hawkins, Jace Amaro. Martavis Bryant, Stevie Johnson.
Broadway’s Breakdown: I agree that DeAngelo Williams is not to be trusted as a starter, though he’s worth picking up as a backup, I suppose. Cam Newton has been a massive disappointment, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. I had him ranked as the 13th best QB in preseason, while Yahoo, ESPN, and NFL.com had him ranked 8.6 on average. Wait until he has a good week… and trade him. Zac Stacy has been heartbreakingly disappointing. Remember when Jeff Fisher said he’d be a 70% of the carries guy? Well, he’s not even a 50% of the carries guy. I was wrong about Zac Stacy. We all were.
Steve Broadway is the author of Fantasy Football Playoffs Guaranteed, the only fantasy football guide that guarantees you’ll make the playoffs or DOUBLE your money back. For more information, visit fantasyfootballplayoffsguaranteed.com