NFL Fantasy Live 10/30/14 with Matt Smith, Michael Fabiano, Adam Rank, Akbar Gbajabiamila, Marcas Grant and Elliott Harrison.
Here are the highlights from Thursday’s show:
- Robert Griffin III will start, pick him up, but don’t start with him.
- Romo is available, but it’s risky if he does play.
- Rashad Jenning’s still out. Andre Williams will play in his place as plays flex at best considering all the teams that have byes.
- Doug Martin did not practice on Thursday therefore, Bobby Rainey is the immediate handcuff to play. Eventually , Fabiano thinks that Charles Sims is a speculative add because he will be the eventual starter.
- Don’t trust either of the Carolina RBs, but if you had to pick one, Adam Rank would prefer DeAngelo Williams.
- Players with limited participation on Thursday are as follows: Andre Ellington, Justin Forsett, Arian Foster, Ronnie Hillman, A.J. Green, Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson.
- Players who did not practice on Thursday are as follows: Tony Romo, Giovani Bernard, Rashad Jennings, Doug Martin, Reggie Wayne, Jordan Cameron, Owen Daniels, Kyle Rudolph.
- If Giovani Bernard does not play then Jeremy Hill is a good pickup to start.
- Darren Sproles have fully participated in practice.
- Rank had an absolutely incredible prediction that Andrew Luck can be counted on this week.
- Other players you can count on this week are Frank Gore and Jeremy Maclin.
- Jacksonville has given up the fewest points to QBs in the last month.
- Waiver Wire Trick or Treat? Brandon LaFell, Allen Robinson, Jace Amaro, Denard Robinson are fantasy treats whereas Jonas Gray, Knile Davis, John Brown, and Martavis Bryant are tricks.
- Starting Decisions: Start DeAndre Hopkins over Larry Fitzgerald, Colin Kaepernick over Ben Roethlisberger, Andy Dalton over Eli Manning, Lorenzo Taliaferro over Denard Robinson
- Mid-season’s Best Draft Bargain Award goes to Philip Rivers
- Mid-season’s Fantasy MVP Award goes to DeMarco Murray.
Broadways’ Breakdown: I’m not sure why there’s so much hype and speculation over Romo’s status. I guess that’s because all the teams have byes this week, which inflates the value of otherwise marginal players. However, Romo has scored the 12th most fantasy points this year, and wouldn’t normally be an iffy starter in a ten team league. As for another QB in the NFC East, I’m certainly not making any moves to pick him up, but I can justify picking up Robert Griffin III if you plan to stash him on your bench in case he returns to form all of a sudden. Then again, I rarely have a backup QB on my roster, but that’s another story. I don’t like Jeremy Hill in this spot if Bernard doesn’t play. Hill averages less than 4 yards/carry, and the Jaguars defenses are pretty good. DeMarco Murray as the mid-season fantasy MVP is the right call. And last but not least, I just want to thank Adam Rank for his scintillating prophecy that Andrew Luck is a reliable start this week. To have the intestinal fortitude, the guts, the savvy, the savoir faire to proclaim that Andrew Luck, the player that has scored more points than ANY player in ALL of fantasy football, is a reliable start against that ferocious Giants defense that has allowed the 16th most points to fantasy QBs this season… well, you’re one hell of a man, Rank. Big fan, though. Love the wrestling references.
Steve Broadway is the author of Fantasy Football Playoffs Guaranteed, the only fantasy football guide that guarantees you’ll make the playoffs or DOUBLE your money back. For more information, visit fantasyfootballplayoffsguaranteed.com