NFL Fantasy Live 11/6/14 with Matt Smith, Michael Fabiano, Molly Qerim, Adam Rank, Akbar Gbajabiamila.
Here’s what you missed from Thursday’s show:
- Romo is “back” and practicing. Ready to play against the Panthers. Fabiano thinks you can start him.*
- Don’t drop Montee Ball, but start Ronnie Hillman (Fabiano).
- Players you can start with NO hesitation: Colin Kaepernick (Fabiano), Matt Forte (Adam Rank)*, Calvin Johnson (Akbar)*.
- Good Player, Bad Matchup: Jamaal Charles, Golden Tate, Drew Brees.
- Spot Starts: Dwayne Bowe (PPR only), Tre Mason, Carson Palmer*, Mark Sanchez*,
- Mark Sanchez Fantasy Impact: Akbar says to forgive Sanchez because he’s a viable option in this offense, good for 18 points.
- Ranks’s Best Plays in Daily Games: Mark Sanchez, Matt Forte, Mark Ingram, Davante Adams, Jeremy Maclin, Alshon Jeffery, Scott Chandler, Bobby Rainey, Jaguars.
- Fabiano’s Best Plays in Daily Games: Ben Roethlisberger, DeMarco Murray, Ronnie Hillman, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall, Kelvin Benjamin, Owen Daniels, Bobby Rainey, Cardinals.
- Akbar likes Steven Jackson over Andre Williams, Rank likes Martavis Bryant over Michael Crabtree, Fabiano likes Ryan Tannehill over Alex Smith, Akbar likes Baltimore Defense over Atlanta
Broadway’s Breakdown: Fabiano has Kaepernick going for 22.8 points this week. I have him for 17.8. Rank has Forte going for 31.30, put me down for 17.8. Akbar likes Calvin for 23.2, I’m good for 11.0. Akbar quoted Oprah. As for the notion that you should not drop Montee Ball, I’d question why he’d be on a fantasy roster at this point. I’d only stash him as a handcuff to Ronnie Hillman. And don’t be spooked by the good players with bad match ups. You are starting Jamaal Charles, Golden Tate, and Drew Brees in almost any circumstance. Despite all this buzz about Mark Sanchez, I still believe there are at least 10 better QB options out there; which was also the case for Nick Foles.
NFL Fantasy Live 11/7/14 with Matt Smith, Michael Fabiano, Akbar Gbajabiamila, Adam Rank, Marcas Grant.
Here are the bullet points from Friday’s episode.
- Spots Starts: Bobby Rainey*, Jay Cutler*.
- Romo is probable, Calvin Johnson will play, Sammy Watkins and Fred Jackson are questionable,
- Clevelands’ defense put up 17 points against the Bengals, and they have favorable match ups over the next weeks.
- Start Ryan Tannehill over Alex Smith*, Steven Jackson over Tre Mason*.
- Defenses to Stream: Arizona, Kansas City, Dallas
- Wide Receiver Starts: Kelvin Benjamin*, Roddy White, Golden Tate*, Martavis Bryant*
- Running Back Starts: Justin Forsett*, Mark Ingram*, Ronnie Hillman*, Denard Robinson
- Quarterback Starts: Colin Kaepernick, Matt Ryan,
- Quarterbacks to Bench: Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler,
- Adam Rank Likes: Mark Sanchez, Cam Newton, Percy Harvin, Matt Ryan, Joique Bell, Roddy White, Martellus Bennett
- Adam Rank Dislikes: Frank Gore*, Vincent Jackson*, Jay Cutler, Bishop Sankey, Michael Floyd, Jason Witten.
- Sleepers: Doug Baldwin, Kenny Stills, Markus Wheaton, Charles Clay, Jordan Matthews.
Broadway’s Breakdown: I’d say Bobby Rainey and Jay Cutler are more than just spot starts. These guys should be owned in every league and starting at least 50% of the time. The guys did a great job breaking down Cleveland, and I’m going to take their advice and add the Browns defense as needed to my 24 teams.
note: asterisk = points I strongly agree with.
Steve Broadway is the author of Fantasy Football Playoffs Guaranteed, the only fantasy football guide that guarantees you’ll make the playoffs or DOUBLE your money back. For more information, visit fantasyfootballplayoffsguaranteed.com