And Tom Brady is good, too.
So we are a quarter of the way through the NFL season. I don’t have all the answers when it comes to fantasy football, but I do have a lot of them. Here’s what I know, and I can sum it up in one simple concept.
So your season was pretty much over if you drafted consensus number one pick David Johnson who was injured in week one. You can probably tell where I’m going with this…
I drafted Johnson in 3 of my 21 leagues with the first overall pick. How do you think those teams are doing:
- In my Yahoo1 league, I am 2-2 and currently in 3rd place
- In my NFL5 league, I’m in 1st place with a record of 3-1.
- And in NFL6, same story different league. 3-1 record. 1st place, baby.
Al of this success is attributed drafting with my Fantasy Football Draft Matrix and using my projections; The Most Accurate Projections in the business.
So that’s where I’m at right now. I’m winning more games than I’m losing, and I’m on track to get 75% of my teams into the playoffs.
Just to put a cherry on top, here are some other top headlines from the fantasy football season.
- The RB position is back in a major way, due to a crop of young studs like Kareem Hunt, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Ezekiel Elliott, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, and Dalvin Cook.
- But of course, Dalvin Cook was lost for the season with a severe knee injury.
- The top tier of QBs is an eclectic mix of the usual suspects (Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees), a revived journeyman (Alex Smith), and once again, a youth movement (Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz).
- Fantasy owners have been reminded of the importance of handcuffing your top RB due to significant injuries to David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, and Spencer Ware.
- And just like every other friggin season, Rob Gronkowski dominates the TE position but misses time due to frequent injuries.
- As it stands right now, the teams with the most favorable playoff matchups (week 15, 16) are:
- Matt Ryan
- Derek Carr
- Tyrod Taylor
- Josh McCown
- Ben Roethlisberger
- DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry
- Mark Ingram
- Carlos Hyde
- Whoever the Seattle RB is…
- Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard
- Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess
- Willie Snead, Michael Thomas
- Jordan Reed
- Jack Doyle
- Zach Ertz
- Jermaine Gresham
Okay, kids, this had something, everyone. Don’t’ go overly crazy trying to procure these players with a favorable matchup. Things will change by seasons end. I mean, is Bill Belichick defense really going to be this bad the rest of the way? Maybe. But Nobody kNows Nothin’.