Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer both suffered injuries that will see them missing time. Palmer’s injury is the more serious, as he’s expected to miss 8 weeks due to surgery on his broken left arm… Titans Corey Davis and DeMarco Murray both hope to return after their week 8 bye… Emmanuel Sanders is considered day-to-day… Dan Bailey is expected to miss time with a groin injury.
- No players are worth a waiver claim this week. Sit tight and let the other owners in your league lose their spot in line.
Free Agent Finds
- Rex Burkhead: By definition, and “starting” NFL running back is worthy of a spot on your fantasy roster due to the dearth of productive options. Burkhead isn’t worth a waiver claim but could be used as a flex position if you’re struggling with RBs on bye weeks.
- Kenny Stills: Available in 95% of NFL.com leagues, Stills has double-digit production in each of the last two weeks.
- Latavius Murray: Murray looked like the fantasy option I projected him to be when Dalvin Cook was injured. He’s borderline waiver-worthy, but I’d prefer to see him score 10+ points again before I make that kind of commitment to a player who only has one such outing.
- Matt Moore: Certainly, you have better options on your roster already and quality QBs are widely available.
- T.J. Yeldon: Yeldon benefitted from Fournette’s injury, but numbers like he put up in week 7 are not likely to be replicated; especially with Jacksonville having a bye week, thus giving Fournette time to recover before returning to action.